|Job Type||In-House, Private Practice|
|Practice Area||Compliance, Corporate, Regulatory|
|Salary/Level||$$Excellent Package (commensurate)|
|Experience Level||Senior Level|
|Positions Available||Global Senior Manager, Regulatory|
|Date Added||February 21, 2020|
Offshore Legal is now urgently seeking senior regulatory manager candidates for a major client/firm in Bermuda.
Under the supervision of the Global Head of Compliance this position will oversee the regulatory operations of the global compliance program areas. In addition, this position will be responsible for delivery of technically complex and demanding operational/regulatory tax compliance to include; international tax compliance including FATCA and CRS.
Role will include:
- High level global management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding operational/regulatory tax compliance, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken, over responsibility of quality of client service
- Actively monitor and analyze relevant regulatory developments and preparation of adequate implementation concepts
- Lead all aspects in respect of international tax compliance; including FATCA, CRS and other aspects of tax compliance
- Partner with the business and third parties to effectively advise clients and clients’ advisers on matters of technical fiduciary complexity, as required, and contributing to the development of those client relationships
- Identify best practices from existing procedures and processes in order to facilitate integration of these practices over a reasonable time frame, and creation of an efficient and effective program in the context of global strategy and policies
- Assist with the effectiveness of employee performance on the operations team by identifying appropriate objectives and development needs within the team to develop a cohesive, balanced and well-rounded team
- Working with Global Head of Compliance, ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact their Groups
- Assist the senior management team in business development including providing local and global solutions to clients, attending and presenting at seminars and the preparation of relevant articles and alerts
- Identify processing issues and opportunities for improvements; work with managers and peers in improving processes for those approved to increase efficiency
- Minimum 12 years experience with a major offshore international financial institution in the area of trust and company management
- Must hold a relevant professional qualification, e.g., STEP Membership, CA, ACCA, ACIB
- Relevant technical skills including extensive experience in trust administration and fiduciary risk environment, coupled with strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- In-depth knowledge of US FATCA and CRS as it relates to fiduciary structures
- Strong client relationship management skills with the ability to understand client needs and deliver quality outputs
- Wide range of knowledge in a number of specialist areas, including risk and regulatory, legal, tax, accounting and investments (in a fiduciary context)
- Good leadership skills and ability to manage a small team
- Strong computer skills (proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of discretion and confidentiality of client information
- Reliable and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure, handling a high volume of work on a regular basis
On offer will be a highly competitive offshore salary and package (taxed at 6.6%). A substantial relocation allowance and medical benefits come standard.
Bermuda is a beautiful island with an abundance of stunning beaches, crystal clear water and palm trees, whilst still having access to a traditional English high street. Bermuda also has excellent connections with regular flights to New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, London and Canada so should you fancy a break from your tropical island lifestyle the big city is not far away.